Sunday, July 20, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

I've been working on some anniversary cards for an order. And I don't know what is it about them that I get all worked up about. Suppose it could be the fact that the majority of cards made are birthdays and thank yous, so this one seems ever so intimidating!


I decided I wanted to make my own background by stamping. I don't have a whole lot of options for this so I pulled out an oldie from Fresh Squeezed stamps (sadly they are no longer around). I really like the way this stamp gives the paper a textured look! after stamping the first stamp in the middle of the card front I then pulled out the anniversary stamp. I could have made stamping that much easier by cutting the words apart but I'm just not brave enough yet to do that!! So I covered the word I wasn't stamping with washi tape inked up and stamped er down. After both happy and anniversary were stamped I knew where to stamp the about background leaving the white space there. Once that part was done I die cut the flowers and leaves stamped on them, then adhered it to the card base. Looks like a lot more work then it really was!!

Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for stopping by!
Chera~

Supplies:
Paper: white, old olive
Ink: appletini, cranberry crush, silver lining, old gold, wild mango, bloomsberry Wplus9
Stamps: spring blooms, basic banners, background check
Accessories: spring blooms dies

No comments:

Post a Comment