Tuesday, January 13, 2015

shaped cards

Good day everyone!! So I had a moment last night to make some cards! I wanted to get inky so I pulled out those fabulous distress inks and went to town!! Well sort off…didn't get to adventurous with the colour combos but was fun non the less!! I was also inspired to do a circle card after seeing Kristina Werners the other day!!! Which then of course turned into making a square card to!




Gotta say making a different shape card then the good old standard size was fun!!! Will pull out the envelope punch board and make me some pretty envelopes to go with!!

For both cards all I did was apply 3 different distress ink colours to my craft mat, spritz with water and placed the water colour paper in it moved it around a little. Once it was dried I went back in to get some of the add more colour around on there. Once I was happy with all the spots I then took some water to pull the colour out some more…dried it with my heat gun then added the sentiment over top! And of course spritzed it with some shimmer cause you can never have enough shimmer in my books!!!! I then took out my dies and started die cutting away!  For the square card I die cut the sentiment a bit to small for my liking so I matted it onto anther square, and just took my distress ink and added colour around the edges… Put on a few sequins and called er good!!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Chera

Supplies:
Paper: water colour paper, white card stock
Stamps: make a wish
Ink: concord grape, broken chine, picked raspberry (circle card); crushed olive, squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmimmon (square card)
Accessories: framelits circle collection, framelits square collection (SU), shimmer mist, ppp sequins 

No comments:

Post a Comment