Saturday, February 7, 2015

so grateful

Happy Saturday everyone!! Hope your day is well so far!! I had a few spare moments while my toddler napped. Pulled some inspiration from a couple places today. To start off Freshly made Sketches and for some colour I went to the Colour Me…! blog.








To get this card started I took a piece of the navy as well as the white paper cause I wasn't to sure which one I was going to use for the card front. But I knew once I inked those dots with the stencil this was the route I wanted to go!! So I taped down the navy card stock taped it down to my work surface then taped the stencil over top. I then took a sponge dauber with the same ink colour as the paper and went over it for that tone on tone look. Once that was done I cut a strip of white cardstock for the sentiment which I also stamped in the navy. Glued both these pieces down to a white card base. I die cut and stamped the feathers 2 with vellum and 2 out of white card stock and stamped again using the same blue for the feathers! I arranged them together then took some white bakers twine and tied them together adhering them with some glue dots.. and just cause took out the wink of stella pen and went over the feathers just for some added glitter. Thats it thats all! Came together much better then I pictured it in my head!! Love it when that happens!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Chera~

Supplies
Ink: night of navy
Paper: white, night of navy, vellum
Stamps: fanciful feathers
Accessories: fanciful feathers die , wink of stella, white bakers twine, circle explosion stencil (the crafters work shop)

8 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Love the colors and the feathers! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous - your background looks so rich! And those feathers are just so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your background and the feathers doubled up with vellum - fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at colour me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the vellum feathers - thanks for playing along with us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love the variegated dot background....and the vellum feathers too! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is gorgeous! I love, love the velum feathers behind the others. Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Chera! Congratulations on being one of the winners on FMS . . . well deserved! Proud to be your latest follower! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow and the very nice comment!! *blushing*

      Delete