Saturday, March 7, 2015

botanical colouring


Happy weekend everyone!! I decided to take some me time and attempt to craft. Its been a while since I've had some dedicated time to do that. Got to say it feels good getting back at it again




For todays card I thought I would finally attempt to colour. Honestly this is my very first go at it. I'm sure with more practice I will get better!!! (or I hope to anyway)

Due to the fact I'm not a colourer, I don't really have many stamps that are good for doing so! I recently did a Wplus9 order and loved this botanical set!! Saw many possibilities (most with water colouring if I'm being honest) and knew it had to be added to my collection. I also knew that I wanted to pop up the bigger flowers….

I started off stamping the image and colouring the flowers then cut them out. After that I die cut the white card stock and restamped the image on there and proceeded to colour as well. Once that was all done I too the flowers I had cut out added some wink of stella to the middle and bumped them up with some foam tape. Once that was all together I then added some glossy accents…I also stamped the sentiment on there too!! Cant forget that! Once I completed the white panel I then die cut the black scalped edge piece added I then glued the white card stock to it. I went back and forth on a pink or purple card base and once that was decided I then popped up the black with some foam tape. 

Considering it was my first time colouring the card all in all didn't take me to long to make!! And even tho my husband says it looks like a grandma card I'm pleased with the outcome!!! Hope you do to!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Chera

Supplies:
Paper: white, black, pink pirouette 
Ink: MFT black ink
Stamps: botanicals bunch, strictly sentiments 4
Accessories: SU blenadabilities; wild wasabi, pink pirouette, wisteria wonder, sunshine layers dies, wink of stella, glossy accents

No comments:

Post a Comment